Thursday, January 19, 2006

The most humble man I know

It has been a long time I know. I have been reading as opposed to studying. I'm reading Numbers, Mere Christianity, and Biblical Eldership. The last two have been rather sporadic as of late. But I came across something in Numbers that I just can't shake, in 12:3 it reads, (Now the man Moses was very humble, more than any man who was on the face of the earth.) It just amazes me, that at a time in my life when I seem to be hyper-sensitive to pride in my own life, I am presented with Moses as an example of humility. I've been reflecting a lot on the life of Moses, and even though it wasn't my first thought, I have a strong feeling it was the time spent with God, face to face. I'm sure that would do it. It seems the more time I spend with God, the more humble I become. Maybe soon I'll get a "Most Humble Man I Know" t-shirt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know, I think that I will always be way more humbler than you!;-) I think that the most interesting thing about that verse, is that it was written by Moses, about himself! And, it is was still true! Humility: Is not groveling around like a worm, but having a right estimation of one's self--or, put another way, recognizing your true spiritual condition before God. i.e.: I have been given certain gifts and talents by my Creator but I bring those all to him and count them as nothing and depend upon only His grace and His provision of strength in times of need (which is all the time). Keep On Humblin'

Brian said...

I believe your right, scripture has a way of revealing my condition before God.