Saturday, September 27, 2008

What I did Last Summer....

Welcome back! Okay, so that is more for me than you. "Just where have I been?" you may ask. Let me 'splain. No, there is to much. Let me sum up. The past year has been extremely challenging. Most of you know about Cadenne and her issues, and the joys of seeing God work in her young life. What most of you may not know is that in January I shut down my struggling business, leaving us in a huge financial mess. I have returned to the automotive repair industry, and business is down. Way down. In all of this, I trust that God is working, whether I see it or not. He has a way of taking me to the end of my own resources and then pushing me a little beyond. The battle between my temporal anxiety and my trust in the eternal God has been huge. It should not be so. I know He is faithful and that His promises are reality waiting to be fullfilled. More than ever before, I think I understand the struggle of the Isrealites as they wondered through the wilderness. I pray that Jesus will continue to build my character (Rom 5:1-5), to deepen my understanding of His pleasure, and to make steadfast my heart. Soli Deo Gloria.

No comments: