Tuesday, April 18, 2006

First Question, First Answer?

Why did Moses disobey? It seems to me, that every time the Israelites set up camp, they figure they should be in the promised land. This has been going on for a number of years, and quite frankly, I think Moses is fed up with it. I find it notable that God wasn't burning with wrath, ready to smite the people before Moses intercedes. God is silent until Moses and Aaron fall before Him. Then, before these men of God can speak, God gives them instructions on how He will use them to bless the people. I can't count the times I've wanted to have explicit instructions from God. I realize, even with clear guidance, how easy it is to trip over my own sin nature. I believe the words spoken by Moses, "Listen now, you rebels" shows his heart, that he thought the sons of Israel needed a verbal b-slap. I think this shows how easily we can insert our own will in to God's plan, which in turn leads us into further sin. Thankfully, even as we might fail, God is good, and He continues to provide.

tags Journal Devotional Bible Theology Doctrine Christian

No comments: