Thursday, February 08, 2007

Lingerie as a Motivator

A while back, I mentioned Eph 5:25-28 and focused on being washed in the Word. But I can't stop thinking about that passage.

It seems to me that there is more than one source of motivation for actually loving my wife as Christ loves the church.

The first reason is because Scripture says so... That is a sufficient reason in and of itself. The second reason is a bonus... It's the same reason husbands buy their wives lingerie.

So why would a healthy, well-adjusted husband go out of his way to shop in the most feminine store (or part there of)? Why would he take the time to find that perfect outfit that
conceals what she doesn't like but still makes the most her beauty?

I'll tell you why this husband does it. It is a present to myself. Yes, she gets the outfit. She gets the adoring attention. But I get her, presented to me in splendor.

5 comments:

ann said...

Guys, you are selfish.

Which is nothing new ;)

Brian said...

Hey now, everybody knows this is a win-win proposition.

Even So... said...

Praise the Lord, indeed, and I don't say that to be funny...

Anonymous said...

hmmmm intersting way of putting it.



B~

Sista Cala said...

Refreshing, a healthy, well-adjusted husband for one; and one that will write such good stuff.