Sunday, November 13, 2005

Esteem

Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you? - unless indeed you fail to meet the test! 2 Cor 15:5
This passage has been bouncing around in my head for years. May be it would help to let you in on my number one
life goal: to be a great man of God. Not to be a world famous man of God, not to be a well published man of God, not even to be a oft quoted man of God. To be a man of God who hears on the day I see my Lord's face, "well done good and faithfull servant."
Therefore, I am always seeking to achive (as much as is up to me) this goal. Knowing where I want to be is the easy part. Knowing where I currently am is a little more difficult. Of course I use scripture to try to test my self, but there in lies the difficult part. It would be folly to rely solely on my own estimation of myself. Fortunately, I have a couple of friends that aren't afraid of hurting my feelings.

f .:.:
s.:.:.:
.:.

No comments: