Thursday, November 10, 2005

Musings in Matthew

As part of our nightly rituals, I have been reading though the Gospel of Mathew with my girls. I have noticed that trying to breakdown scripture for a five year old causes me to think about it differently. Thinking in more basic terms, without using big words helps me figure out how well I understand the point of the passage. Anywho, I had some fresh eyes and was thinking, so I figured I'd keep on thinking. Easier to keep the fire going than to start a new one later. I was wondering why I hadn't had a clear direction as I look for a new home church for my family. I begain to realize that God doesn't always guide me like I expect Him to, fancy that. To me it is like picking up a friend at the airport. You know which exit he is going to be coming out from, untll your third time past the terminal, (unless your my wife, your getting picked up at the curb) the cell phone rings. Its your buddy just letting you know he has seen you drive by, twice. He showed up where he wasn't expected. Such is my current situation with God. I was waiting for Him to lead me in the same manner He lead me last time I was looking for a church. Wich was basically by the hand, This time though, it seems He is using the old "block all but one way" style of directing my path. Time will tell if have assessed the situation rightly.
:.:.:

No comments: