Friday, November 18, 2005

Seaside Singlewide

Seaside Singlewide
(A Trailer Trash epic)

Found my spot on the shoreline
Ten paces to the dry side of high tide
Is where I'll park my trailer in no time
My own little seaside singlewide

Toes in sand, I lean back in a resin chair
With an Avo burning and a cold Guinness
Watch the sun setting, smell the sea in the air
What tomorrow brings, I couldn't care less

I woke before dawn to a new sensation
A storm blew in, and the waves washed me out
So now my singlewide is floating in the ocean
Along with a sinking feeling and rising doubt

Quickly find my singlewide is not seaworthy
As it has aready become an aquatic habitat
I was swiming in a riptide by six thirty
Using a resin chair as a make shift raft

Homeless but alive on a rocky shore
With nothing ahead of me but sheer cliffs
I begin to climb soon my body is sore
Takes forever and a day to reach the precipice

Exhausted on the plateau I can only lay
On this hard flat and steady stone
Both of us warmed by the sun's ray
Thinking this is where I'll build my home



No comments: