Friday, January 05, 2007

Links; Gratuitous and Otherwise

I'm hoping my favorite international commenter Ann, can shed some light on this one(third snippet down), what do some Swedish girls have against guys? (Actually, I just wanted an excuse to throw a link her way.) Talk about the feminization of men, who will be left to take out the trash or work on the car? All I have to say is Jack won't sit and neither will I.


I'm really glad that Dan Phillips, a blogger who's readership greatly exceeds my own has taken up the cause, the eradication of the most annoying catch phrase of the decade.


I'm also quite pleased that Frank Turk has taken up the other cause of the decade. Go ahead, sign it. All the cool people are doing it.


6 comments:

Even So... said...

Hey, couldn't get a hold of you via your email link on your profile page, but thanks for coming over, and yes, I am interested in scripturizer..been trying to do it myself since you mentioned it, but I lack the know how completely...

ann said...

You make me feel really embarrased now, you know, 'cause....

how shall I put it....


I guess there is no easy way....

my husband sits...

Oh dear, I have said it.

But he wants to, I did not force him, honest!

Seriously speaking, though, Sweden is extremely feministic. Good or bad? I do not judge. I liked it, sort of, having been a feminist myself, and then God saved me. God has a very particular sense of humor.

Brian said...

Ann,
I've felt the sting of that humor. You just gotta love it!

I used to work with a handful of Swedish guys, auto mechanics, none of them sat, but of course we all had to wash our hands before (and after).

ann said...

BEFORE????

Brian said...

Ann, Yes ma'am, before. That's the difference mechanics everybody else. Think of greasy, oily muck that is the inner workings of a car. Let us just say, mechanics (especially married ones) don't want to transfer their working environment to their "working environment".

ann said...

Aaaallright.
Say no more ;)